H1B Denial reason- Clerical error?

jaiprak

I am yet to get my H1B denial reason from my employer. But my wife's i-539 denial came via mail today and it says 'Timely filing and maintenance of status'. 

Previous i-94 expiration date (for both) - 8/18/18 
i-539 / H1B extension applied date - 8/3/18. 
RFE recieved on H1B date - 9/13/18 
RFE responded date - 11/28/18 
Denial date for both - 12/10/18. 

As you can see the request for extension was filed 15 days before expiry. The reason that was given in the letter for i-539 denial was 

"Title 8 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 214, 1(c)(4) states: 

Timely filing and maintenance of status...." and goes on about filing before the previous date of expiry. 

Is this a standard format of i-539 denial reason when H1B is denied after the i-94 expiry date or do you see any clerical error? What would the i-539 denial notice say if the primary applicant was denied for whatever reason?

18 hours ago, jaiprak said:

I am yet to get my H1B denial reason from my employer. But my wife's i-539 denial came via mail today and it says 'Timely filing and maintenance of status'. 

Previous i-94 expiration date (for both) - 8/18/18 
i-539 / H1B extension applied date - 8/3/18. 
RFE recieved on H1B date - 9/13/18 
RFE responded date - 11/28/18 
Denial date for both - 12/10/18. 

As you can see the request for extension was filed 15 days before expiry. The reason that was given in the letter for i-539 denial was 

"Title 8 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 214, 1(c)(4) states: 

Timely filing and maintenance of status...." and goes on about filing before the previous date of expiry. 

Is this a standard format of i-539 denial reason when H1B is denied after the i-94 expiry date or do you see any clerical error? What would the i-539 denial notice say if the primary applicant was denied for whatever reason?

Check with your employer's attorney ASAP. If you filed before your I-94 expiry date the above reason can be appealed.

Archived