All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bharat1989

Visitor visa for a retired police officer

Hi,

I am currently on a H1B visa in the USA. i am planing to apply for a visitor visa for my parents. While going through the DS160 application i came across the question :

""have you any specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?" 

Now since my dad is a retired IPS officer, he did go through firerams training in police academy so should i answer yes to this question? also i am not sure what exactly "specialized skills or training" imply. He underwent basic training that all police officers normally across the globe have to go through.

Any advise on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bharat

No Offense. But there is no sponsorship involved in a tourist visa. As a retired IPS Officer, he will be perfectly capable of negotiating the forms involved. Yes, he is trained in firearms. If you stay out of the matter altogether, their chances go up exponentially.

Bharat, 

I'm planning to apply for my in-laws as well. Can you share your experience? and, what did you fill for 

""have you any specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?" 

Thnx, Prakash

Edited by Prakash22