Fresh H4 EAD after Company gets acquired

Kuppu

Hi,

I would like to ask a question regarding H4 EAD for my wife.
I just got my I-140 approved and would like to file H4 EAD for my wife asap ( keeping in mind that the administration may scrap the H4 EAD and in case it allows the existing EADs to continue, we don't want to miss the chance ).

However, my company A to which my I-140 is associated with and where I work now, will get renamed from Jan 1st 2019 after an acquisition by company B. I will be doing an H1B amendment and I-140 amendment after that. So should I be waiting for I-140 amendment and H1B amendment to company B to be completed first, before filing H4 EAD for my wife ? As I have mentioned, we would like to file the EAD at the safely earliest, in view of a revoke to the future filings for H4 EAD.

Thanks,
Jino
On 12/14/2018 at 3:18 PM, Kuppu said:

Hi,

I would like to ask a question regarding H4 EAD for my wife.
I just got my I-140 approved and would like to file H4 EAD for my wife asap ( keeping in mind that the administration may scrap the H4 EAD and in case it allows the existing EADs to continue, we don't want to miss the chance ).

However, my company A to which my I-140 is associated with and where I work now, will get renamed from Jan 1st 2019 after an acquisition by company B. I will be doing an H1B amendment and I-140 amendment after that. So should I be waiting for I-140 amendment and H1B amendment to company B to be completed first, before filing H4 EAD for my wife ? As I have mentioned, we would like to file the EAD at the safely earliest, in view of a revoke to the future filings for H4 EAD.

Thanks,
Jino

You can file with existing I-140. No issues. Worst case is they might issue an RFE and you can send the new amended I-140.

Archived