H4EAD to H1B

Anil Sai

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, JoeF said:

If the H1 was a change of status and the approval notice has an I-94 at the bottom you are in H1 status now, and you can only work for the H1 employer.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, Anil Sai said:

Hello,

i got my H4EAD approved till 2021 and working as FTE. I got my H1B approved.

can I work on H4EAD now and move to H1B in one month or two months later?

Does my H4EAD immediately expires automatically once my H1B gets approved?

Thanks

I am same boat. My H1B was automatic change of status. So, does that mean, I need to leave my current H4EAD employer immediately? how much do I have? Can I go out of US and come back on H4 to continue working on H4EAD?

4 hours ago, Prat_ma said:

I am same boat. My H1B was automatic change of status. So, does that mean, I need to leave my current H4EAD employer immediately? how much do I have? Can I go out of US and come back on H4 to continue working on H4EAD?

With a COS you are no longer on H4, you have to stop working for your current employer immediately and you have to start working for the H1 employer.

If you have a valid H4 visa, you can go abroad and come back on H4. But be aware that unless you start working for the H1 employer you are not considered counted for the H1 quota, so if you want to go on H1 in the future, you would have to go through the lottery again.

Archived