Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


Recommended Posts

1. I want to apply for H-4 EAD using my spouse's Previous employer A approved  I-140. But the Emp A has withdrawn the I-140 (which was active for more than 180 days). My spouse switched to a new employer B who recently extended his H-1B (beyond 6th yr) for 3 years. He had used the same I-140 for his H-1 extension.
2. Is it that for applying for H4 EAD, the  I-140 should be active irrespective of the employer? Can't I be eligible since my spouse H-1B is still valid for next 3 yrs?
Kindy advice.

Share this post

Link to post

@ark522:  As long as your spouse's employer A I-140 is valid for morethan 180 days, you can apply for H4-EAD and get it approved for the period of your spouse's current H1B.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now