H1b Stamping with Arrest Record

aragorn123

I was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor back in 2016, the case was then dropped by the public prosecutor as we provided enough evidence. I got my H1b visa approved in 2018 and am currently in India for stamping. I was called for an interview couple of times and currently my visa status is issued. I am planning to go back to US in a week:

>> Will there be an issue at the POE ? I am going to carry all my court documents. 

>> I am planning to re-visit India in a couple of months. Is it recommended to limit no of visits outside US ?

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, aragorn123 said:

I was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor back in 2016, the case was then dropped by the public prosecutor as we provided enough evidence. I got my H1b visa approved in 2018 and am currently in India for stamping. I was called for an interview couple of times and currently my visa status is issued. I am planning to go back to US in a week:

>> Will there be an issue at the POE ? I am going to carry all my court documents. 

>> I am planning to re-visit India in a couple of months. Is it recommended to limit no of visits outside US ?

Thanks.

1- No , but you WILL be sent for secondary inspection which may take 5 minutes to couple of hours depending upon availability of staff.

2- If you have a valid visa, you can travel whenever you want.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 3:15 AM, aragorn123 said:

Thanks.

Hello,

I don't think there will be any issue after stamping. 

What is your misdemeanor is for?

On 12/11/2018 at 4:15 AM, aragorn123 said:

Thanks.

I have dismissed petit larceny too and going for interview this February. Should I mention it In DS160 as I was not arrested/fingerprinted but just cited for court hearing,later the case was dismissed for lack of intent and lack of evidence.Why were you called for interview twice?And how long did it take for approval after the interview?

Archived