Issued white 221g and returned passports for H1b interview

Gprasanna11

Hi,

today I along with my family(for h4) attended visa interview for h1b. After some basic questions about employer and client, VO issued white 221g and returned passports. He asked us to check the email regularly for updates.

1) How long does it take for decision. I want to know from experiences, since on the website, it says no timelines set.

2) is it worth waiting if its more than 6 months since I am left with 1 year of my h1b tenure.(and gc is under process with labor approved)

3) should i file a new cap exempt with other employer

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2018 at 1:39 AM, Gprasanna11 said:

Hi,

today I along with my family(for h4) attended visa interview for h1b. After some basic questions about employer and client, VO issued white 221g and returned passports. He asked us to check the email regularly for updates.

1) How long does it take for decision. I want to know from experiences, since on the website, it says no timelines set.

2) is it worth waiting if its more than 6 months since I am left with 1 year of my h1b tenure.(and gc is under process with labor approved)

3) should i file a new cap exempt with other employer

1- No one knows. There is a partial govt shutdown ongoing right now. No one knows for sure. As stated above have a backup plan and be ready for everything.

2- You are the one who can decide the worth.

3- That can be a good backup plan. However if not a full time position, it may again go under scrutiny. 

Bottom line is that 221g admin processing is a black hole. Some get out of it in weeks, some in months and a few are stuck in it for multiple years. 

Archived