H1b Approved but H4 is still in Case received status

Chax24

Hi All,

My company filed my H1b and H4 in regular process in Sep 2017. Later my company upgraded to premium process then my H1B got approved with in 10 days but H4 is still in " Case Received Status". It is been more than 1 year since we applied for H4. 

My wife stayed more than 240 days from the day her H4 expired. Please let me know does 240 day rule applied to H4 visa? Does she have to leave the country or she can stay until her H4 application is processed?

Thanks in advance..

Chakri

On 12/6/2018 at 2:37 PM, Chax24 said:

Hi All,

My company filed my H1b and H4 in regular process in Sep 2017. Later my company upgraded to premium process then my H1B got approved with in 10 days but H4 is still in " Case Received Status". It is been more than 1 year since we applied for H4. 

My wife stayed more than 240 days from the day her H4 expired. Please let me know does 240 day rule applied to H4 visa? Does she have to leave the country or she can stay until her H4 application is processed?

Thanks in advance..

Chakri

240 day rule is only for H-1 folks. After that also H-1 folks can still stay in country but cannot work. As far as H-4 is concerned they can stay as long as their application is pending with USCIS. No restriction.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and Kids used dropbox(for H4-VISA) on 11th at Bangalore location, It is reached to Hyderabad and case got created on 13th-Dec-2018. After 5 days Case updated with the date, but still showing as "Application Received". I have not received any email or call so far. Its been 10 working days. Any idea what is going on? 

My case got approved with in couple of days, last year. She is in india for more than 6 months. Now she wants to come back to US and she went for VISA stamp. Please suggest. I am kind of worried.

Archived