DEC 5th Consulate Appointment Cancelled

SaiR1434

Hi , 

My Appointment on DEC5th Hyderabad appointment has been canceled due to the day of mourning. I'm waiting for my profile update so that I can schedule just consulate appointment. Currently,VISA dates in Hyderabad are available after JAN 17th 2019. I'm worried if I get an appointment in DEC as I have travel scheduled in 4th week of Dec.

I tried reaching multiple times to traveldocs customer service and they are saying that they don't have any information on VISA dates. Is anyone on the same boat like me.? I found that DEC 7th appointments are rescheduled to DEC 9th, but they didn't do for DEC 5th appointments. I'm worried about this situation. 

Hi SaiR1434,

Am in a very similar situation.

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please advise on my situation.

Came to India for a vacation (Dec4 – Dec 28) .

Have a H1B status valid till Sep 2020.

H1B visa on the passport expired on Sep 2017.

So before coming to India, scheduled Fingerprinting appointment (Dec 4) and consular visa appointment (Dec 5) at Hyderabad consulate. Got done with the fingerprinting on Dec 4, but was told the Dec 5th appointments were cancelled due to public holiday (day of mourning for Bush). We were told to wait for 24hrs-48hrs so that our appointment would reflect as a no-show and will prompt us to reschedule our consular visa appointment.

But unfortunately, the nearest available date for consular visa interview is 14 Jan 2019 (for Hyderabad) and 2 Jan 2019 (for Chennai). There are no available dates for December , even at other consulates in India.  I am worried right now.

1)     Is there a possibility that consular visa interview appointments open up for the month of December?  Since I kept checking at multiple consulates for any possible openings, now I get an error saying “I maxed out on the maximum number of views for the visa appointment calendar page and will have to wait 24hrs for it to reset”.  Now I cant even see any available dates.

2)     Would my situation qualify for a emergency appointment request? If so, a letter from my manager indicating that there is a critical deadline in the first two weeks of January 2019 ( This is true and genuine reason) help justify my request for a emergency appointment?  Am really hesitant to do this, as there are involuntary separations at my employer. By doing this, am I jeopardizing my chances of H1B visa approval ?

Hello

Same situation here for me from Hyd.Please update if anyone is able to get an appointment in Dec as their website says additional appointments have been opened for those originally schld on Dec 5th 2018

I am of the opinion we will be given preference as cancellation happened from consulate side due to unforeseen circumstances.

Created couple of tickets with ustraveldocs but still visa appointment not done

First it was taking to OFC even though this was already completed.This was corrected but now reschedule tab is not showing and when you use continue it is taking you to Visa appointment page and the earliest date avail is Jan 22 2019

I agree consulate themselves should have given a new date instead of going thru the process again with so many doubts/queries on rescheduling

Due to elections in TG all appointments for Dec 7th also got cancelled and new date Dec 9th was given to those applicants

Same should have been done for Dec 5th applicants

Please check other forums on this subject as others too have same issues

On 12/6/2018 at 4:17 PM, shop4nimi said:

Hi SaiR1434,

Am in a very similar situation.

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please advise on my situation.

Came to India for a vacation (Dec4 – Dec 28) .

Have a H1B status valid till Sep 2020.

H1B visa on the passport expired on Sep 2017.

So before coming to India, scheduled Fingerprinting appointment (Dec 4) and consular visa appointment (Dec 5) at Hyderabad consulate. Got done with the fingerprinting on Dec 4, but was told the Dec 5th appointments were cancelled due to public holiday (day of mourning for Bush). We were told to wait for 24hrs-48hrs so that our appointment would reflect as a no-show and will prompt us to reschedule our consular visa appointment.

But unfortunately, the nearest available date for consular visa interview is 14 Jan 2019 (for Hyderabad) and 2 Jan 2019 (for Chennai). There are no available dates for December , even at other consulates in India.  I am worried right now.

1)     Is there a possibility that consular visa interview appointments open up for the month of December?  Since I kept checking at multiple consulates for any possible openings, now I get an error saying “I maxed out on the maximum number of views for the visa appointment calendar page and will have to wait 24hrs for it to reset”.  Now I cant even see any available dates.

2)     Would my situation qualify for a emergency appointment request? If so, a letter from my manager indicating that there is a critical deadline in the first two weeks of January 2019 ( This is true and genuine reason) help justify my request for a emergency appointment?  Am really hesitant to do this, as there are involuntary separations at my employer. By doing this, am I jeopardizing my chances of H1B visa approval ?

1. You are not allowed to go through any consulate; there is only one assigned for your address of permanent stay. Let it reset and then login, don't jump on website so it will kick you out.

2. Emergency appointment is of real emergencies only - You do not qualify because your travel date is nearing. In worst case, you will have to change your ticket. Employer do understand this if you explain honestly. As you mentioned that you have some issues with employer, don't tell them about your multiple attempts of taking appointment.

You have very few things in hand. Try to deal thoughtfully and not make situation worse.

Kept monitoring for any available December dates every half hour. Since I have a time constraint, was looking at other consulates as well. Found one open spot for the Dec 10th at Delhi. and booked it immediately.

At the interview in Delhi, they were able to easily sync my details from my fingerprinting at Hyderabad Dec 4th appointment.  Here a few questions the interviewer asked,

Self - Where do I work ? What sort of work do I do ? Annual salary

Spouse - How long were you married? Did you do your Masters in US? If so, what university ? When did you graduate ?

After that, she put it a post it note indicating "SEVIS HIT" on my wife's passport  and took our passports & said "You are good. you can go". She didnt give any 221g form either.  Since she didnt say anything about approval , we are kind of little bit worried if there might be delay in getting our passports back in time. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Archived