can I-140 from previous employer used for h1 extension?

Chitranew

Hi Team,

I am in h1b visa and I have my I-140 approved with my current employer. I have already done 1 extension after the initial 6 year period and it will expire in Oct-2019.

My question is if i change company and do h1 transfer will my new visa be only up to Oct-2019? or is it possible to have end date beyond that?

If the new visa ends in Oct-2019, then do i need to file green card again with new employer and ensure the I-140 is approved before Oct-2019 so that i can apply for extension?

Thanks in Advance 

12 hours ago, Chitranew said:

Hi Team,

I am in h1b visa and I have my I-140 approved with my current employer. I have already done 1 extension after the initial 6 year period and it will expire in Oct-2019.

My question is if i change company and do h1 transfer will my new visa be only up to Oct-2019? or is it possible to have end date beyond that?

If the new visa ends in Oct-2019, then do i need to file green card again with new employer and ensure the I-140 is approved before Oct-2019 so that i can apply for extension?

Thanks in Advance 

When your new employer file H1, they specify employment dates.. Your new H1 will be valid till the date that your employer provide in the petition.  You can get H1 extension based on previous approved 140, however, your new employer have to start GC processing from the beginning to get your GC.

Archived