Status while H1B request to reopen a rejected case

ukn11x

Hi,

My H1B got denied and my employer has applied for a request to reopen. I have a few questions regarding that. I am currently on my OPT extension and it expires on Feb 8th, 2019( But my F1 visa expires in August 2019). Here are my questions:
1) If my request to reopen doesn't get approved, how long can I stay in USA.
2) If my request to reopen gets approved, But the decision is not finalized, how long can I stay then.
3) If my request to reopen gets approved, But the decision is not finalized and if I have to leave US by feb 8th, will my request be void.

I don't want to discourage you just wanted to share my experience last year Nov 2017 my H1-B denied employer  filed Motion to reopen on Jan 31st till date there is no progress on my status i have been waiting for more than 11 months. Please advice just apply MTR and look for some other option..

Edited by srini005
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, srini005 said:

I don't want to discourage you just wanted to share my experience last year Nov 2017 my H1-B denied employer  filed Motion to reopen on Jan 31st till date there is no progress on my status i have been waiting for more than 11 months. Please advice just apply MTR and look for some other option..

Hi Srini,

Any update on your case?

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, srini005 said:

No update sam225 raised the service request 

even though no update on the case

Oh God!! This is really crazy. You have been waiting since Jan-2018 for the decision. I hope you really get an answer soon. Have you applied H1 this year?? I submitted MTR+Appeal on 12/19/2018. CSC forwarded to appeals office on 1/4/2019. It’s been 6 months and no updates since then. Planning to submit a service request by the end of this month. As per USCIS, Appeal’s office has to take a decision within 180 days once it’s transferred to them.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/5/2019 at 8:09 AM, Sam225 said:

Oh God!! This is really crazy. You have been waiting since Jan-2018 for the decision. I hope you really get an answer soon. Have you applied H1 this year?? I submitted MTR+Appeal on 12/19/2018. CSC forwarded to appeals office on 1/4/2019. It’s been 6 months and no updates since then. Planning to submit a service request by the end of this month. As per USCIS, Appeal’s office has to take a decision within 180 days once it’s transferred to them.

Did you get any update from AAO ?

• 1 month later...