H1B to H4

SSS-1

I am on my H1 and getting maxed out in Jun'19 and currently waiting for the PW to get approved and I am not sure before Jun'19 I will get my I140 approved with the current situation. Being said that my wife's 140 is approved and I can convert to H4 EAD and start working ,does anybody know while working on H1B Visa in parallel will I be able to process my H4 and H4-EAD(Concurrent processing) so that with out losing my current job I will be able to transfer to H4-EAD once its approved.

21 hours ago, SSS-1 said:

I am on my H1 and getting maxed out in Jun'19 and currently waiting for the PW to get approved and I am not sure before Jun'19 I will get my I140 approved with the current situation. Being said that my wife's 140 is approved and I can convert to H4 EAD and start working ,does anybody know while working on H1B Visa in parallel will I be able to process my H4 and H4-EAD(Concurrent processing) so that with out losing my current job I will be able to transfer to H4-EAD once its approved.

You can do that. You need to apply for H-4 and H-4 EAD at the same time. Both can be approved on the same day and you don't have to take a break form your job. But there is a slight chance that if H-4 is approved first and H-4 EAD is still pending then you need to quit working until your H-4 EAD is approved.

• 2 months later...

Archived