I94 after company change

rajpipe

I got H1B in India till August 2019 from company X. X filed Amendment and then sent me to US with receipt (amendment was in progress). I am in US since then. X Amendment got denied. I transferred to company Y. Transfer got denied after RFE. Second time it got approved, again after RFE. The transfer got approved  from Nov 2018 to June 2019 (lesser than my original petition form X). However this is a I797B without I94. I was told I need I94 on the transfer petition within 180 days of rejection of amendment from company X. I am planning to go to Canada and enter US to to get the I94 stamped on my transfer I797B. Do I need a stamping in this case?

23 hours ago, rajpipe said:

I got H1B in India till August 2019 from company X. X filed Amendment and then sent me to US with receipt (amendment was in progress). I am in US since then. X Amendment got denied. I transferred to company Y. Transfer got denied after RFE. Second time it got approved, again after RFE. The transfer got approved  from Nov 2018 to June 2019 (lesser than my original petition form X). However this is a I797B without I94. I was told I need I94 on the transfer petition within 180 days of rejection of amendment from company X. I am planning to go to Canada and enter US to to get the I94 stamped on my transfer I797B. Do I need a stamping in this case?

If you have a existing un expired stamping, you don't need stamping to re enter.

Archived