H1B transfer receipt notice time

KSW

Hi, I would like to get an idea on how long it takes now to get the receipt notice due to holiday delays. Mine was shipped on Nov16 and delivered to USCIS on Nov19, still waiting for the receipt notice as of Dec03. I encourage others in the same situation to share your status under this post, so that we all know when to expect it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CMN79 said:

I have exact same dates as yours. Application shipped on Nov 16th and still waiting for the receipt. Please post here when you receive it. Thanks!

Hi, did yours go to California service center too? My attorney said "it is taking 3 to 4 weeks for USCIS to issue a receipt". She said "issue", not "obtain", which makes me really anxious. Please post when you receive it as well. Thanks!

Dec06: still waiting for receipt.

On 12/6/2018 at 6:50 PM, KSW said:

Hi, did yours go to California service center too? My attorney said "it is taking 3 to 4 weeks for USCIS to issue a receipt". She said "issue", not "obtain", which makes me really anxious. Please post when you receive it as well. Thanks!

Dec06: still waiting for receipt.

Yes, mine went to California center too. This is really ridiculous. Can't believe it takes them such ab long time to issue a simple notice.

9 hours ago, DK1 said:

I have similar story. Filed H1 transfer to CA center and was delivered by 13 Nov. Still waiting for receipt notice.

Cannot believe it is taking so long.  I hope you will get it in a day or two! Please keep us posted when you receive it.

I saw in a different forum that people who filed on Nov 28th also got their receipts a week later. Is it like they ignored a bunch of applications during a specific time frame? My spouse's H4 receipt was sent to us just in 3 days time....but my H1 is still pending receipt...oh what a pathetic situation!!!

Archived