All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ibrahim237

H1-B Extension : I-797 and I-94 expiring

Hello,

I am currently on H1-B visa. I-797 expiry date is 12/04/2018 and I-94 expiry date is 12/14/2018. 

My employer has now filed for extension in premium processing and documents will be mailed today 11/30/2018 to USCIS office. 

1. Under Premium Processing, in how many days will the applicant receive the receipt number ? 

2. Will I be out of status if I do not receive receipt number before I-797 expiration date 12/04/2018 ? 

3. Can I work between these 10 days i.e; 12/04/2018 and 12/14/2018 ? 

Thank you. 

1. I don't think there is premium processing (I might be wrong also)

2. Once your extension petition reached to uscis before your current i-94 expiry, you are good to go.

3. You can continue working until expiry of i-94.

1. Under Premium Processing, in how many days will the applicant receive the receipt number ? 

I think within 2 to 5 business days you will get receipt. Premium processing is available for H1 extension only

2. Will I be out of status if I do not receive receipt number before I-797 expiration date 12/04/2018 ? 

NO if your employer will send petition 11/30 then USCIS will receive your petition on 12/03 based on  Fedex delivery acknowledgment you should be good to continue

3. Can I work between these 10 days i.e; 12/04/2018 and 12/14/2018 ? 

Yes. your petition would be file so you are good to work

Thank you both. This really helps. By the way, attorney still did not mail out the documents. They said Monday 12/03, documents will be shipped overnight and 12/04 the documents will arrive in Nebraska USCIS center. By the I am eligible for PP because my End Client, Location and Company is same. No change in either of these. 

Below are the docs that I have sent to attorney. Let me know if I am missing anything. 

CV, Client Letter (12 months and extendabale), vendor letter (3 years), Employer-Vendor work Order, Client-Vendor work order(MSA-12 months), latest paystubs, employee appraisal form, latest employee offer letter,  All I-797, SSN and I-94 copies  

Thank you  

Edited by ibrahim237