All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bsamsundar

DS 5535 under section 221(g)

I have attended H1B interview on 14th Nov at Hyderabad consulate. Interview was very smooth, VISA officer collected my passport and said my VISA is approved. On the same day I have received an email from consulate to reply their questionnaire from DS 5535 under section 221(g). I have responded to the email on the very next day.

Passport returned a day after the interview. Current status is AP, how long it will take to process.

7 hours ago, bsamsundar said:

I have attended H1B interview on 14th Nov at Hyderabad consulate. Interview was very smooth, VISA officer collected my passport and said my VISA is approved. On the same day I have received an email from consulate to reply their questionnaire from DS 5535 under section 221(g). I have responded to the email on the very next day.

Passport returned a day after the interview. Current status is AP, how long it will take to process.

1 month to 3 months.

For DS 5535 waiting times vary ....I have been waiting since past 8 months and I know few other folks who have filled up this form and waiting since past 11 months 😞

Hello Samsundar,

Very happy for you that your case is resolved within a month, Congratulations!!

Can you please let me know if this is the first time you are entering the United states with H1B visa or you were already on F1 Student visa before?

Thanks,

Vee

16 hours ago, Vee Man said:

Hello Samsundar,

Very happy for you that your case is resolved within a month, Congratulations!!

Can you please let me know if this is the first time you are entering the United states with H1B visa or you were already on F1 Student visa before?

Thanks,

Vee

Thank you, this is my first time stamping and I will be travelling for the first time to US