Filing N 400

flyby001

Greeting to all. I have a question and would appreciate a correct answer.

I understand that I need to live in a USCIS service district 3 month Plus to file my N 400 from that district. (Example say District 15: Kansas City, Des Moines, Omaha, St. Louis, St. Paul). Each of the cities under the USCIS district 15 have different processing time. Can I be a resident of some city in that district for more than 3 months and file my n400 at another city where the processing time is less?

Say I am staying at Des Moines IA last four months which has waiting time of 10.5.18.5 months. Can I file my N 400 at St Louis MO where the waiting time is only 7.5 - 14 months?

Would appreciate a quick reply. Regards

On following link (which I would assume you have already seen) "https://www.uscis.gov/n-400" click on 'Where to file' and if applying on paper for both IA and MO you need to send your application to Chicago, IL and from there on USCIS will forward the your application to the appropriate field office for processing, I DO NOT believe it is your choice to choose which field office your application goes for processing, but I can be wrong, so I'll let others weigh in.

Best bet call USCIS and ask to be 100% sure.

Good Luck!!

Thank you for your reply Shandan. So once the paper application is sent to IL by my attorney, USCIS redirects to any of the field offices and I would have no control on that as I understand.  These are the field offices Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Missouri, Pennsylvania

Each of these have very different processing times and I want to get into the shortest queue.

Can someone throw some light on this. Regards

On 11/27/2018 at 2:12 PM, flyby001 said:

Thank you for your reply Shandan. So once the paper application is sent to IL by my attorney, USCIS redirects to any of the field offices and I would have no control on that as I understand.  These are the field offices Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Missouri, Pennsylvania

Each of these have very different processing times and I want to get into the shortest queue.

Can someone throw some light on this. Regards

USCIS will forward your N400 to nearest USCIS field office, most likely in the state you reside, to schedule interview only upon receipt of FBI background clearance at their national service center.

Archived