I-765 for my E3 Spouse

Jeannette Manifold

Hi There,

I am living and working in the US and would like to apply for a work permit for my husband to accept employment. The 1-765 form I need to fill out for this is asking for the receipt number of my Form I-797 or I-140, does anyone know what that is? I have the receipt number of my certified LCA but that is too many digits, also the number of my D160 but that also seems incorrect.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

j

The spouse of a E3 employee is allowed work authorization. E3 has nothing to do with H4. 

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/employment-authorization-document

"4. Spouse of an E-1 Treaty Trader, E-2 Treaty Investor, or E-3 Specialty Occupation Professional from Australia--(a)(17). File Form I-765 with: A. Evidence of your lawful E nonimmigrant status (for example, your Form I-94, passport, or other travel document); and B. Evidence of your spouse’s lawful E nonimmigrant status (for example, a copy of your spouse’s Form I-94, passport, or other travel document) and your marriage certificate."

23 hours ago, Jeannette Manifold said:

Hi There,

I am living and working in the US and would like to apply for a work permit for my husband to accept employment. The 1-765 form I need to fill out for this is asking for the receipt number of my Form I-797 or I-140, does anyone know what that is? I have the receipt number of my certified LCA but that is too many digits, also the number of my D160 but that also seems incorrect.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

j

The title of this thread says "for my E3 spouse". So does that means you are the E3 principal and your spouse is an E3 dependent spouse? Your spouse would be applying for an EAD with category (a)(17); the I-765 instructions for that type of EAD does not mention anything about receipt numbers. Nor does the I-765 form ask for anything like this for this category.

Archived