I-94 Validity Mismatch issue

pbhumireddy

During my travel in Dec-2018 CBP office in Chicago issued an I-94 expiry till December when infact my I-129 (H1 renewal) I-94 had validity till May-2020. CLearly the CBP officer issued 7 more month longer than on that provided on I129. 

Recently i had to travel for work to Europe in October 2018 during re-entry the CBP officer issued I94 validity till Feb-2019 ( current visa expiry and previous I129 validity). I am worried why the CBP officer recently issued a shorter period while the previous one issued longer. I did not notice this error until recently when i tried to have my wifes H4 EAD renewed. In her situation her I94 was given until Dec-2020 while her I539 was till May-2020.

Please advise how to proceed. I have already email local Chicago CBP office but worried if this take a long time as my wifes H4 EAD is close to expiry in Feb-2019 and the processing lead times for H4 EAD renewal is more than 5 months. Also not sure if the CBP officer should only issue I94 validity till May -2020.

Please advise

Archived