I-94 ISSUE

solution

Hello,

I need some advice here please.  My first  H1B approved in 2011 (October 1st 2011  to Sep 30 2014) . Applied for second extension in April 2014 and got approval in May 2014 for year starting (October 1st 2014 to September 2017). I never went outside the country on h1b before that. I went out of the country with two I-797 (the first one and the second one) for stamping in May 2014. The visa officer stamped it from June 2014 to September 2017. I came back in July 2014. At the airport CBP officer gave me I-94 till March 2015 that's when my passport was expiring.  I didn't know that CBP officer has given me I-94 till March 2015. I believed I have approval till my I-797 I-94 which was till September 2017.

My company applied for extension in March 2017 for (October 1 2017 to Sep 30 2020). I was not aware that my I-94 given to me at the airport has expired. I did give my expired I-94 to attorney for extension without looking deep into it.  He didn’t look at my expired I-94 and filed the extension. I just became aware of the expired I-94 when I was planning to go out of the country and few of my friends told me to look at my I-94 before leaving. My extension was approved with I-94 attached to it. My question is am I in status? Is there any gap in my status? Will there be any problem in visa stamping? Will there be any problem at AOS stage?

Please help

• 7 months later...