H4 EAD RFE

Ashwin Ganesh

My H1B amendment to change the last name typo was denied recently due to 'speciality occupation', however, I was informed by my employer that I can continue to work with my current petition which is valid till 2020, for the same client and location. 

Based on my already approved I-140, I applied for my spouse's H4 EAD and that has gone to RFE asking to prove that I have been maintaining my H1B status. Please advice on how to proceed? What are chances of this causing problems to the EAD approval or my H1B or I140

On 11/24/2018 at 11:32 PM, Ashwin Ganesh said:

My H1B amendment to change the last name typo was denied recently due to 'speciality occupation', however, I was informed by my employer that I can continue to work with my current petition which is valid till 2020, for the same client and location. 

Based on my already approved I-140, I applied for my spouse's H4 EAD and that has gone to RFE asking to prove that I have been maintaining my H1B status. Please advice on how to proceed? What are chances of this causing problems to the EAD approval or my H1B or I140

Are you sure you can continue working. Take a second opinion from an immigration attorney. I think it is tricky because your amendment has been denied. Again you need a second opinion on this RFE also.

Archived