H1b stamping with petty larceny charge and disorderly conduct conviction

Hi,

I was charged with petty larceny and pled guilty to disorderly conduct violation with 1 year conditional discharge. I need to go for my H1B Visa stamping and I wanted to ask if anyone else on the forum has had a successful Visa stamping with the same situation ?

If so what kinds of questions were asked by the visa officer at the interview ? What documents had to be submitted ? Do they ask to submit the police report or just the final court disposition is enough ? How do I convince the visa officer that this is not inadmissible ?

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2018 at 7:58 PM, Skippy_2122 said:

Hi,

I was charged with petty larceny and pled guilty to disorderly conduct violation with 1 year conditional discharge. I need to go for my H1B Visa stamping and I wanted to ask if anyone else on the forum has had a successful Visa stamping with the same situation ?

If so what kinds of questions were asked by the visa officer at the interview ? What documents had to be submitted ? Do they ask to submit the police report or just the final court disposition is enough ? How do I convince the visa officer that this is not inadmissible ?

Hello,

I am also in same boat, Can you please share your VISA experience if your VISA stamping is done. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, my case is also similar to yours, I pled guilty to the charge of Disorderly conduct and were ordered to complete 1 day jail which was given credit as I already served 1 day Jail when arrested for petty theft.

Please share your visa extension experience, what about employer, can they fire if they come to know about this case during filing process ?

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I'm also in the same boat. I was charged with petty larceny 2 days back in Virginia and my court date is after 1 month now , i'm in search of a good criminal attorney can you guys please share your experiences with the attorney search and what points need to take in consideration while choosing attorney and after choosing attorney. Kindly please help me.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...