Need suggestions on H1b transfer and H4 status

Ramky123

Need suggestions for H1 transfer:
One of my friend is working with company A and his i94 got expired in sep 2018 and his wife H4 I 94 got expired, before I 94 expiry only his company A filed extension for both (H1 and H4) in normal process and waiting for  first dessicion from usics. And before I94 expiry he applied H1 transfer with company B but company B they filed H1 transfer only but they didn’t filed H4. Now H1 transfer approved with company B.Now he need suggestion to join with company B . If he join how about H4 as H4 I 94 expired. Or can he use company A H4 receipt join with company A.
Pls suggest if you have any idea.

he no need H4 receipt to join  and when he checked with new company they are saying that they will file H4 once joined with company B and if he join with company B might immigration team will follow SLA to file H4.so it seems status issue the duration between joining date and H4 filing date and am not sure whether they will apply on her I 94 expired. And she can’t travel due to some issues for stamping with new company.
Thanks in advance

On 11/24/2018 at 1:38 AM, Ramky123 said:

Need suggestions for H1 transfer:
One of my friend is working with company A and his i94 got expired in sep 2018 and his wife H4 I 94 got expired, before I 94 expiry only his company A filed extension for both (H1 and H4) in normal process and waiting for  first dessicion from usics. And before I94 expiry he applied H1 transfer with company B but company B they filed H1 transfer only but they didn’t filed H4. Now H1 transfer approved with company B.Now he need suggestion to join with company B . If he join how about H4 as H4 I 94 expired. Or can he use company A H4 receipt join with company A.
Pls suggest if you have any idea.

he no need H4 receipt to join  and when he checked with new company they are saying that they will file H4 once joined with company B and if he join with company B might immigration team will follow SLA to file H4.so it seems status issue the duration between joining date and H4 filing date and am not sure whether they will apply on her I 94 expired. And she can’t travel due to some issues for stamping with new company.
Thanks in advance

I see 2 options - 

1. Prepare a self petition for H4 extension of stay(i-539) with approved H1B and previous H4 receipt notice.

2. Dependents can goto Mexico or Canada and get their H4 visa stamped with his new H1B and join him back in USA.

Archived