H1B Consular Processing

Prithi@123

Hi ,

I need some information regarding H1B consular processing. Below is my situation currently:

Company A : Petition and Visa stamped till Nov 2018 ( I94 valid till Nov 2018). Worked till July 2017 with this company and switched to Company B in August 2017.

Company B: H1B transfer was initiated and started working on Receipt Number from August 2017. But received RFE in May 2018 and this company dint not respond to RFE but instead withdrawn the case on August 8 2018.

Company C : Applied for H1B Transfer (where LCA was filed on July 30 2018 , but H1B transfer was filed on August 16 2018).Started working with Company C from August 16 based on Receipt Number.(Current Employer- where case status is still in received status)

Company D: H1B Transfer was applied through H1B consular processing and this is approved now. But I don't have I-94 in this petition copy. Company is requesting to travel to home country to get Visa stamped and later join their company (Company D). 

Question: 

a. Please suggest if joining Company D is right decision.

b. If I need to travel to home country or near by country to get stamped as it was approved through H1B Consular processing ?

c. Am I Dropbox eligible?

d. What all documents to be carried for stamping?

e. What all might be the Visa interview questions if I need to go in person?

Thanks in Advance !!

its better to attend Visa Interview in India ( precisely the consulate mentioned in your I-797B)  with Employer D. if you are eligible for DROP box ( less than 1 years after your H1 VISA expiry date)  you will be redirected to DROP box only while booking visa interview slot.

All the best.

There is no Consular Processing for an H1.
The H1 is always processed by USCIS, never by a consulate

The consulate just handles visas, so then only thing would be getting an H1 visa, which everybody who travels abroad and wants to enter the US on H1 has to get. Lots and lots of info on that on the Internet.

Archived