Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name change after marriage

Recommended Posts


I have approved I-140 and in process of gathering documentation for I-765 filing.

My wife's name (first name as well as last name) was changed after marriage and the marriage certificate has her old name on it. 

We had prepared the affidavit for name change and submitted original while applying for her passport. Her passport has new name on it as well as my name on her passport as her spouse. 

Do I need to get original copy of name change affidavit for green card process? If yes, I will have to create new one as Passport Office won't return the one we submitted while applying for her passport. Any guidance?


Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now