H1-B visa stamping for future dated petition

cobra1232

Hello All!

My current petition expires Feb 26th 2019 and i don't have a valid visa stamp for it. I have received 3 year extension starting Feb 27th. I am using the new approved petition for DS-160 and the extension is with the same employer 

So if i go for stamping in December with the new petition, Will i be able to travel back in December? Will the new visa stamp be valid through Feb 2022?

Also at POE will they stamp the I-94 valid through Feb 2022?

Thanks in advance for the help

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 7:30 AM, cobra1232 said:

Hello All!

My current petition expires Feb 26th 2019 and i don't have a valid visa stamp for it. I have received 3 year extension starting Feb 27th. I am using the new approved petition for DS-160 and the extension is with the same employer 

So if i go for stamping in December with the new petition, Will i be able to travel back in December? Will the new visa stamp be valid through Feb 2022?

You can travel back in December with new visa stamp. Visa stamp always has a issue date. You will also not have any problem with I-94 stamp. But make sure your passport is not expiring before Feb 2022 or else you will get I-94 only till passport expiry date.

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2018 at 7:30 AM, cobra1232 said:

Hello All!

Hi did you get your H1B visa renewed with the future start on the petition, can you share your experience. 

Archived