Travelling during H1-B extension and current H1-B is expired.

Ranadheer_K

Hi Everyone, 

I have a difficult situation here and not sure what i need to do here.

My current H1-B is about to expire in 1 week and I-94 will expire in Dec 7th 2018. My employer already filed for H1-B extension in premium processing and responded to RFE on OCT 31st 2018 but still there is no update on my case till today. With all these, My marriage is in DEC last week and travelling to India on Dec 8th. I hope i will get my extension by the end of November but still i am worried.

My question is:

1) In worst case, if i didn't get H1-B extension before my travelling date, can i still get the approval in consular processing? If yes, where the I-797 form will go?

2) What are my other choices? 

4 hours ago, Ranadheer_K said:

Hi Everyone, 

I have a difficult situation here and not sure what i need to do here.

My current H1-B is about to expire in 1 week and I-94 will expire in Dec 7th 2018. My employer already filed for H1-B extension in premium processing and responded to RFE on OCT 31st 2018 but still there is no update on my case till today. With all these, My marriage is in DEC last week and travelling to India on Dec 8th. I hope i will get my extension by the end of November but still i am worried.

My question is:

1) In worst case, if i didn't get H1-B extension before my travelling date, can i still get the approval in consular processing? If yes, where the I-797 form will go?

2) What are my other choices? 

Don't worry. You will get the decision as you still have 3 weeks time. In case you need to leave you need to ask your employer to mail your approval once he receives it.

Try to book visa slot first as getting dates will be difficult at the last minute.

Archived