H1b transfer in process and travel with Visa stamping scheduled

nick87

I have my H1B transfer initiated in regular processing, I am still working for my old employer and would change employer when my petition is approved. 
I need to travel abroad for 1 month and I will get my h1b stamped on my old employer name, so will that impact my current H1B transfer process? Also, does the embassy officer has access to my initiated cases of H1B transfer and can he cross question on that? Is H1B transfer also consular or change of status petition?

15 hours ago, nick87 said:

I have my H1B transfer initiated in regular processing, I am still working for my old employer and would change employer when my petition is approved. 
I need to travel abroad for 1 month and I will get my h1b stamped on my old employer name, so will that impact my current H1B transfer process? Also, does the embassy officer has access to my initiated cases of H1B transfer and can he cross question on that? Is H1B transfer also consular or change of status petition?

No issues. You can travel since your intent is to work for old employer until your transfer is approved. And if the VO questions you can say that you will be joining the new employer only when the petition is approved.

Archived