Travel to India for stamping with H1B Valid for few months only

acer_bo

Hi,

My profile:

I have I140 approved. Working in EVC Model at state client as contractor. Originally, I had my H1B valid until FEB 20 2019, applied for the extension in Sep 2018 in Premium process got approval in one week, but the duration I got was only until Jun 30th 2019. The client letter had the end date until Jun 30 2019 and potentially extendable for 2 more years and I have also submitted the vendor letter with 3 years duration. But still got the H1B approved only from Feb 21st 2019 to Jun 30th 2019...like only 4 months duration. Now other issue is the client has stopped issuing the client letter too.

I have to travel to India during mid of Feb 2019 to mid March 2019. My current visa is expired and I have attend for visa stamping.

Technically, I will be eligible to file for extension again from Dec 30 2018.

My questions:

·           Is it OK and safe/advisable to travel to India along with my family (me, my wife on H4 and son (us citizen)), with H1B valid only for few months and attend the visa stamping?

·           Will there be any issue when I attend the visa and coming back at port of entry

·           What would be the best options available for me?

Thank you for your time

22 hours ago, acer_bo said:

Hi,

My profile:

I have I140 approved. Working in EVC Model at state client as contractor. Originally, I had my H1B valid until FEB 20 2019, applied for the extension in Sep 2018 in Premium process got approval in one week, but the duration I got was only until Jun 30th 2019. The client letter had the end date until Jun 30 2019 and potentially extendable for 2 more years and I have also submitted the vendor letter with 3 years duration. But still got the H1B approved only from Feb 21st 2019 to Jun 30th 2019...like only 4 months duration. Now other issue is the client has stopped issuing the client letter too.

I have to travel to India during mid of Feb 2019 to mid March 2019. My current visa is expired and I have attend for visa stamping.

Technically, I will be eligible to file for extension again from Dec 30 2018.

My questions:

·           Is it OK and safe/advisable to travel to India along with my family (me, my wife on H4 and son (us citizen)), with H1B valid only for few months and attend the visa stamping?

·           Will there be any issue when I attend the visa and coming back at port of entry

·           What would be the best options available for me?

Thank you for your time

Yes. It is fine to travel. No issues as long as you have all the docs.

No issues.

Best option is file for extension in premium in December and then schedule your visa appointment with new I-797.

Archived