Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

H1-B Transfer Filing while I am not in US

Recommended Posts

I am working with Employer A and Employer B filed H1-B transfer (extension of status) when I went on vacation (Outside US). If my H1-B transfer is approved with Employer B, will i be getting physical i-94 card? (or) Do I need to go out of the country and get the new visa stamped?

I am planning to Join Employer B on receipt.

Share this post

Link to post

Most certainly you will not be getting a new I-94 and that you need to go out and get a new I-94. the reason being when someone submits the current I-94 for change of status or transfer.  But the applicant travels outside and arrives back with a new I-94 while the transfer or change of status is pending, uscis for some reason does not see that,atleast that is how it worked in the past. so they would only approve the petition but the extension of stay is not approved. so the onus is on the applicant to go out and enter with a new I-94 to complete the process. In the past you could get some grace time. but not in todays environment

Share this post

Link to post

Thanks for your response. So, when they approve without I-94, will i go immediately out of status though my current I-94 is valid till Mar 2020? Also, can I join Employer B on receipt in my case?

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this