H1b Remote employee

marvee

I work remotely from home (FTE) and planning to go for H1b stamping for the first time. Is it safe go for the interview being a remote employee or should I move to office location with H1b amendment and then go for stamping?

Any suggestions from anyone or interview experience if anyone is in the same boat?

If it is mentioned in your LCA that you telecommute for work and your home address is mentioned as your office location in LCA, then you will not have any issues and also have to explain the same if asked by the VO in interview. I do WFH from 4 yrs and been to stamping in April 2018 and had no issues. Be precise, specific and clear while you answer VO.

23 hours ago, marvee said:

I work remotely from home (FTE) and planning to go for H1b stamping for the first time. Is it safe go for the interview being a remote employee or should I move to office location with H1b amendment and then go for stamping?

Any suggestions from anyone or interview experience if anyone is in the same boat?

Risk depends on :

1- Do you have remote location listed on LCA.

2- Why does your employer need you in USA if you can work from anywhere. Full time remote work is seen shady and USCIS would have thrown a RFE at you if they would have seen only remote location in LCA.

My suggestion would be  to consult an attorney for in depth review of your case. Especially when we are seeing a lot of 221g delays for straightforward cases. Asking these questions and reviewing your paperwork with your employer and their attorneys would be a good start.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi . My LCA has two locations .  home address which is Texas and also has office address which is in MN . I usually work remotely and travel to MN once in a quarter . Can I tell the consular officer that I work on hybrid model remotely from Texas location and travel to office once in a quarter and work there for for few days ?