All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Senthur

Reappearing for B Visa within 3 months

Hi,

I am working for an US based company in India. I've appeared twice for a Business visa interview in June and August 2018, scheduled by my employer. I got rejected with a verbal reason "Your application is not eligible under this category of Visa" and a formal 214(b).

When I was asked about my plans in the US, I said that I'm going to oversee an implementation of our new software in a client location. And the Immigration officer asked me whether I am going to help in the implementation, I said yes. He immediately replied that my application is not eligible under this category of Visa.

My employer wants me to attend a training in one of our branches in the US, which will be useful for an upcoming project that we are going to work on. Since its just 3 months from when I got rejected, do you think this move is a good idea?

1. What are the chances of my new application being approved?

2. Would these rejections be a black mark in my future visa applications? I am planning to apply for a H1-B visa later down the line, in an year or two.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Senthur said:

Hi,

I am working for an US based company in India. I've appeared twice for a Business visa interview in June and August 2018, scheduled by my employer. I got rejected with a verbal reason "Your application is not eligible under this category of Visa" and a formal 214(b).

When I was asked about my plans in the US, I said that I'm going to oversee an implementation of our new software in a client location. And the Immigration officer asked me whether I am going to help in the implementation, I said yes. He immediately replied that my application is not eligible under this category of Visa.

My employer wants me to attend a training in one of our branches in the US, which will be useful for an upcoming project that we are going to work on. Since its just 3 months from when I got rejected, do you think this move is a good idea?

1. What are the chances of my new application being approved?

2. Would these rejections be a black mark in my future visa applications? I am planning to apply for a H1-B visa later down the line, in an year or two.

Thank you.

You voluntarily admitted that you will involve in "helping in the implementation" which the officer considered your intentions to have unauthorized employment in USA. Clearly the rejection was appropriate and all future visa request in same classifications will be influenced by this denial.

1- Very low in my opinion. Apply and find out.

2- Nobody knows yours or anyones chances of H1b or any other visa approvals. All cases will be dealt on their merits.

Basically you were going to work....not allowed with a B1 (except domestic employees and certain B1 in lieu of H...which this is not...and now, 'suddenly' and miraculously, your employer has decided you need 'training', but only in the US...sure....this next interview should last about 9 seconds, as the true motive of going to work is still there, just hidden by the 'training' request....I've never understood why so many employees of foreign companies always 'need' training in the US...in today's world of instant communications, having someone travel to watch a Power Point presentation is just silly...and this new request will look even more questionable than the first....