I94 expiry date Passport Vs Online

chmahesh1983

Hi Team, Please help me in providing answer for the current issue which my friend is facing.

I'm Trying to explain the complete situation clearly, so please bare with me. He got L1a blanket visa in 2016 and its valid till Sept 2018. When he entered US, he got I-94 till Feb 2019. This date (Feb 2019) appears same in passport and when checked online :https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

In 2017, he went to India for vacation and when he is coming back, the Immigration officer kept Sept 2018 as I-94 expiry date in passport, However in the online it still shows as Feb 2019. My friend didn't realize the date entered in passport till date, he is referring online website for I-94 status. So, when he filed for extension recently, the employer found out the variations in these dates. i.e I-94 expiry date in passport as Sept 2018, but when checked in online its Feb-2019.

Please guide him/me in this situation. The resource is currently staying in US. How to proceed in this situation?

Thanks

2 hours ago, chmahesh1983 said:

In 2017, he went to India for vacation and when he is coming back, the Immigration officer kept Sept 2018 as I-94 expiry date in passport, However in the online it still shows as Feb 2019

1. If the date of latest entry matches with the dates on i-94 online, I do not think the passport dates matter much in itself.

2. There is nothing for anyone to guide here. This is the job of the employers attorneys to suggest what to do at this point. In my opinion , this should not be an issue if 1 is true. And if 1 is true, It wouldn't  be a bad  thing to go to nearest CBP post to get it corrected on the passport as well which seems to be a mistake by CBP officer in the first place. 

Archived