Travel to India while Client Amendment Petition is still "Under Processing"

kamesh467

Hello,

I'm on a H1B visa having a valid visa stamping/I-94 on my passport till Mar 2020. Recently I changed from client A to client B and my employer applied for a client amendment petition which is "under processing".

Now, I am planning to visit India this Dec'18 but I've a question as to whether I can travel outside of the country (with my existing valid visa stamp) while the client amendment petition is still "under processing"? I have no hope that the client amendment petition will be approved by Dec.

Did anyone travel outside the country being in the same situation as above?

Please advise.

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, kamesh467 said:

TY 02112018 for your reply. 

Have you travelled in such situation before? Or do you know anyone that travelled in such situation?

Thanks.

Each case is different. In general as long as you have a valid visa and an existing employment in USA under an approved or pending employer based h1b application, you are good.

@02112018: Yeah right usually such amendment situations did not seem to much of a trouble 1-2yrs back because they were approved in 3mos. max and it was no problem to travel outside country as long as we have a valid visa but now a days everything seems to be risky. So, I thought I'd better check here once and take others advise/suggestions before my travel but as @xTDx mentioned each case is different. You never know why they've stopped you until you're stopped. :))

Thanks everyone!

Archived