Visitor Visa travel gap

sksanghavi

Hi friends thanks for your responses. However, I want to clarify that I was just asking about the laws, and whether I can call parents here in a few months after they have left. If it’s not legal and doesn’t make sense, it’s totally fine, because I DO NOT even have the thought of breaking any laws or rules. Neither have I done so in the past.
Yes, having a baby I just thought of getting them here for a couple of months so that they could spend some more time together.
No wrong intent there I think. Also there is no question of getting my old parents here to work. I understand that it is easy to doubt when there are few people who do break rules but that doesn’t mean that every individual is breaking them. I know many of my friends who have parents over on weekends, when they all spend time together with kids. 
It was a very straight forward question and doubt that I wanted to clarify. Now that it’s clear, I know I cannot ask them to come. But I also request not to question the sincerity of individuals who follow rules and laws even on a day to day basis. I was genuinely asking the question with the hope of getting the right guidance. I am sorry that my question was not clear enough.

Thanks once again. I appreciate your responses. 

6 hours ago, sksanghavi said:

Hi friends thanks for your responses. However, I want to clarify that I was just asking about the laws, and whether I can call parents here in a few months after they have left. If it’s not legal and doesn’t make sense, it’s totally fine, because I DO NOT even have the thought of breaking any laws or rules. Neither have I done so in the past.
Yes, having a baby I just thought of getting them here for a couple of months so that they could spend some more time together.
No wrong intent there I think. Also there is no question of getting my old parents here to work. I understand that it is easy to doubt when there are few people who do break rules but that doesn’t mean that every individual is breaking them. I know many of my friends who have parents over on weekends, when they all spend time together with kids. 
It was a very straight forward question and doubt that I wanted to clarify. Now that it’s clear, I know I cannot ask them to come. But I also request not to question the sincerity of individuals who follow rules and laws even on a day to day basis. I was genuinely asking the question with the hope of getting the right guidance. I am sorry that my question was not clear enough.

Thanks once again. I appreciate your responses. 

Your friends having their parents over on weekends may well be, but they are (presumably) Americans (or have a GC.) You can have your parents visit you as well, but helping in the household or babysitting is simply not allowed for visitors to the US. It is considered work, and visitors are not allowed to work. Now, this may sound harsh, because it is family, but the law does not care if the visitors are family or not. Visitors to the US can not work, the US is very strict about that.

Archived