All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sampq6699

marrying a Gc holder

Next month I am marrying LPR holder of US, she received it few months back through family based process. 
and she is planning to find a job in US after our marriage.

considering after marriage,

1) How quickly she can sponsor me the GC under F2A category?
2) Is it necessary to be in job to sponsor me?
3) Considering she is not having any job as of now, can her father jointly sponsor me?

11 hours ago, sampq6699 said:

Next month I am marrying LPR holder of US, she received it few months back through family based process. 
and she is planning to find a job in US after our marriage.

considering after marriage,

1) How quickly she can sponsor me the GC under F2A category?
2) Is it necessary to be in job to sponsor me?
3) Considering she is not having any job as of now, can her father jointly sponsor me?

1. Immediately

2. It is not necessary to have a job. But if her household income (which includes your income if you are working legally in the US) is not enough, then a joint sponsor will be required.

3. Anyone (her father or otherwise) who is a US citizen or permanent resident domiciled in the US, whose household income is enough, can be the joint sponsor.

The waiting period is averaging 2 years for approval.

""Who May Be Considered a Household Member for Purposes of Form I-864A?

For purposes of this contract, one or more of the following individuals may sign the Form I-864A as a household member if at least 18 years of age: 1. The intending immigrant, if the sponsor seeks to rely on an intending immigrant’s continuing income to establish the sponsor’s ability to support the intending immigrant’s spouse or children; 2. The spouse, parent, child, adult son or daughter, or sibling relative of the sponsor, if that relative has the same principal residence as the sponsor; or 3. Any other individual whom the sponsor has lawfully claimed as a dependent on the sponsor’s most recent Federal income tax return even if that person does not live at the same residence as the sponsor. If more than one individual agrees to help support the sponsored immigrant, each individual must sign a separate Form I-864A."

Your salary can be considered for purposes of I-864A