Can you work with your H4 EAD if card is lost but have approval notice.

DVS26

Hi- I was on H4 Visa through my spouse's company and applied for H4 EAD Extension which got approved, but USCIS/USPS failed to deliver the EAD Card and so it got sent back. I checked with them too late and they discarded my card. I have the approval notice but in the process of applying for a H4 EAD Replacement Card. I just got a new job from my spouse's company. Given this, Is it possible to start working with the approval notice while the replacement card is in process? If you have any other suggestions please shed light/share any ideas or suggestions. Thanks much! 

On 11/4/2018 at 1:37 AM, DVS26 said:

Hi- I was on H4 Visa through my spouse's company and applied for H4 EAD Extension which got approved, but USCIS/USPS failed to deliver the EAD Card and so it got sent back. I checked with them too late and they discarded my card. I have the approval notice but in the process of applying for a H4 EAD Replacement Card. I just got a new job from my spouse's company. Given this, Is it possible to start working with the approval notice while the replacement card is in process? If you have any other suggestions please shed light/share any ideas or suggestions. Thanks much! 

Depends on employer. Some of them ask for physical card before joining.

Archived