All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wait4greencard

EB2 or EB3 India Category Dilemma

I am a recepient of an approved I-140 petition in EB-3 India quoata with a priority date of November 22, 2010. I recently switched employers and my new employer is reinitiating my Permanent Residency process. I am now eligible for EB-2 India category. As per the current timelines and immigration climate, is it recommended to file in EB-2 or EB-3? Please advise.

No one can answer that question. First read this latest post.

https://www.murthy.com/2018/11/28/december-2018-visa-bulletin-check-in-distressing-long-term-prediction-for-eb2-india/

According to the news EB-3 is likely to advance ahead of EB-2. Typically it is advisable to process with EB-2 but given the prediction it is advisable to do the opposite. The prediction from Mr. Oppenheim have become true past many times. If I had to decide, I am 60/40 divided for the case with favoring EB-3.

Lot of EB-3 are moving to EB-2 and this is one of the reason why EB-3 is ahead. Things can reverse and nobody can assure 100%. Even if you make decision in any category, given that your PD is so close, it won't affect you to great extent. But don't delay in taking action.