Need Advice - H1B Visa Stamping -Extension Petition

AruT

I would appreciate you guys’ help. I am full-time Electrical Engineer with an USA Engineering Design & Consultancy Firm. I have had my Visa Extension approved this February. I am planning to visit India coming Jan, 2019 and appear for Visa Stamping against the Visa Extension Petition. I wanted to know if there is any risk with travelling now? 

Here is a brief history of my scenario

1. F1 Visa: I did my MS in Electrical Engg from SUNY Buffalo.

Approved F1 VISA period = 16 Jun, 2011 to 1 Sep, 2014.

I worked Full-Time against my OPT (regular and 17 months extension) for my ex employer (Lets say Employer A) for 18 months from 25 March 2013 

to 10 October 2014.

Approved OPT period = 25 March 2013 to 24 March 2014.

Approved OPT period (after 17 month extension) = 25 March 2014 to 24 August 2014.

1. H1B Visa: Employer A applied for H1B visa for me and I got selected in the lottery in 2014.

Approved I-797A period = 1 Oct, 2014 to 31 Aug, 2017         

1. H1B Visa stamping: I did my H1B visa stamping in Oct, 2014 against the abovementioned petition.

Approved period on H1B visa stamp = 10 Oct, 2014 to 31 Aug, 2017

This is the last Visa stamp in my Passport.

1. H1B Visa Transfer: I changed my job in May, 2015 to my current Employer (Let’s say Employer B). They applied for H1B transfer petition, I got I-797C right away. Took a bit of time to get approval notice I-797A.

Approved I-797A period = 5 Nov, 2015 to 18 May, 2018

1. H1B Visa Extension: My current Employer (ie Employer B) applied for my H1B extension this Feb. (Premium Processing, there was no RFE and we got the approval within one week without any hiccup)

Approved I-797A period = 18 May, 2018 to 20 Oct, 2020.

I wanted to ask you guys if you think it will be risky to travel considering the political climate. Do you see any issues with my scenario as described above?

To recap=

• I am a full-time direct employee in a USA Engineering Design & Consultancy Firm (Employer B).
  • I have been working for Employer B last 3 yrs 6 months. I wish to apply for Visa Stamping in Kolkata Consulate against the H1B extension petition they applied.
  • My BE (from India) and MS (from reputed university in USA) are in Electrical Engineering and all my job (including the current one) in USA have been in Electrical Engineering.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you H1-BGuy and pontevecchio. Yes, by far I have been lucky and everything has been straightforward. Thats what I have been banking on however, My attorney has been very worried lately! I guess she had bad experience from other clients of her!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived