New I94 issued after more than 365 days of expiry

H1user1234

Hi , 

i am on H1 and my I94 expired on 07/2017 with i797  i94 valid until 07/2019. When I travelled outside US  and returned on Jan 2017 while POE i was given i94 valid until 07/2017 same as my visa expiry even though i showed the new i797 which was valid until 07/2019 . I recently realized that my i94 on cbp portal is expired for more than a year until now so  i was looking into many options as per previous threads i read , I called in CBP deferred inspection  to schedule for an appointment but the  officer refused to schedule it saying they wont  correct as it’s already expired. So after reading many threads and consulting with attorney's including Murthy decided to go to one of the land Border . After speaking with an officer in regards to my issue , he issued me a new i94 with admit date as the date i went in to the office and valid date to match my i94 on i797 all this happened without  crossing the US land border ( I did not want to cross as my visa stamp on passport is already expired) .  I checked cbp portal later and it got updated as well , However i am not sure if the gap between my previous i94 which expired on Sept 2017 and the new one issued will become a problem in future . 

Archived