All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
criticalpath

USA Internal - Flight travel with expired H1B visa

Can we board flights internally within USA with expired h1b visa . I used to show my passport as valid ID proof and they used to check the visa page for validity.

Wondering whether i can do the same with expired h1b visa for me and my family members.

Well I do have USA based license, but i don't have state ids (local proofs) for my family .

Share your thoughts on what i can show as proof while boarding local USA flights  ?

You can travel with the passport No problem at all, Along with that just carry the Extension filed photo copy document like I797 more than enough.

2 hours ago, criticalpath said:

Can we board flights internally within USA with expired h1b visa . I used to show my passport as valid ID proof and they used to check the visa page for validity.

Wondering whether i can do the same with expired h1b visa for me and my family members.

Well I do have USA based license, but i don't have state ids (local proofs) for my family .

Share your thoughts on what i can show as proof while boarding local USA flights  ?

No.

1. TSA does not check immigration status. Any valid foreign passport is sufficient for TSA purposes.

2. Even in the highly unlikely chance you run into a CBP checkpoint, what matters is your status; visa validity is irrelevant when you are inside the US (US visas are only for entry).

Edited by newacct