F1 OPT to H4 EAD

AS09

Hello everyone –

Currently my wife is in  F1 OPT STEM extension status which is going to be complete by JUNE 2019, She didn’t get H1 this year and we have only one last chance which is next year quota(April). As of now she is 8  months pregnant and she is taking almost 3 months leave starting from mid DEC. I have approved I-140 can I apply H4 EAD now or will wait for next year H1B lottery chance? Which is good thing with the current USCIS situation and here are few other options,  please check and share your comments.

Option 1: Apply H1b next year.

Option 2: As we have 3 months’ time now, Can we apply F1 to COS H4 and H4 EAD  ( can we apply both at same time? And how much time will take to approve both?) If both got approved, can’t she apply again H1b for next 2020 quota? (some people are saying still she have chance for H1b lottery quota next year, need to know)?

Option 3: Apply COS H4 now and once that is approved then apply H4 EAD ( but as per situation it may take 7 to 8 months to approve both, if all went well)

As of now she got approved leave for around 3 months, we want to utilize this period of time if H4 EAD is good option and if we choose that option we want to get H4 EAD in those 3 months as client will not extent the leave beyond that. Also some rumors are started that H4-EAD is also removing from DEC 2018.

With the current USCIS scenario and situation which option is correct and please share your thoughts ?  

Thanks in advance !!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 3:14 PM, AS09 said:

Hello everyone –

Currently my wife is in  F1 OPT STEM extension status which is going to be complete by JUNE 2019, She didn’t get H1 this year and we have only one last chance which is next year quota(April). As of now she is 8  months pregnant and she is taking almost 3 months leave starting from mid DEC. I have approved I-140 can I apply H4 EAD now or will wait for next year H1B lottery chance? Which is good thing with the current USCIS situation and here are few other options,  please check and share your comments.

Option 1: Apply H1b next year.

Option 2: As we have 3 months’ time now, Can we apply F1 to COS H4 and H4 EAD  ( can we apply both at same time? And how much time will take to approve both?) If both got approved, can’t she apply again H1b for next 2020 quota? (some people are saying still she have chance for H1b lottery quota next year, need to know)?

Option 3: Apply COS H4 now and once that is approved then apply H4 EAD ( but as per situation it may take 7 to 8 months to approve both, if all went well)

As of now she got approved leave for around 3 months, we want to utilize this period of time if H4 EAD is good option and if we choose that option we want to get H4 EAD in those 3 months as client will not extent the leave beyond that. Also some rumors are started that H4-EAD is also removing from DEC 2018.

With the current USCIS scenario and situation which option is correct and please share your thoughts ?  

Thanks in advance !!!

You can apply for COS to H-4 and H-4 EAD together now. And if anyting changes with the H-4 EAD rule in Jan, you can apply for H-1 in April 2019.

Archived