H4 COS & EAD Timeline

ds160h1b

I was laid off from my H1 employer and hence applied for my H4 COS application. USCIS received the application on July 31st but at that time I did not submit the H4 EAD application. I filed H4 EAD later on and USCIS subsequently received the application on September 20th of 2018. 

With regards to approval timeline, when I should expect to receive my H4 COS and EAD? Would the timeline be based on my initial standalone H4 application submitted on July 31st and the recently submitted H4 EAD on September 20th or either one?

USCIS processing timelines at California Center:

H4 COS (I-539): 2-4.5 months

H4 EAD (I-765): 3-5 months

In other words, are we looking at 2 to 4.5 months from July 31st for the H4 COS to be approved and an additional 3 to 5 months for H4 EAD from September 20th? I hope not. That would lead to a total timeline of 9.5 Months, worst-case.

I'm unsure as to how USCIS will determine timelines for these cases. Any help will be much appreciated.

13 hours ago, ds160h1b said:

I was laid off from my H1 employer and hence applied for my H4 COS application. USCIS received the application on July 31st but at that time I did not submit the H4 EAD application. I filed H4 EAD later on and USCIS subsequently received the application on September 20th of 2018. 

With regards to approval timeline, when I should expect to receive my H4 COS and EAD? Would the timeline be based on my initial standalone H4 application submitted on July 31st and the recently submitted H4 EAD on September 20th or either one?

USCIS processing timelines at California Center:

H4 COS (I-539): 2-4.5 months

H4 EAD (I-765): 3-5 months

In other words, are we looking at 2 to 4.5 months from July 31st for the H4 COS to be approved and an additional 3 to 5 months for H4 EAD from September 20th? I hope not. That would lead to a total timeline of 9.5 Months, worst-case.

I'm unsure as to how USCIS will determine timelines for these cases. Any help will be much appreciated.

Your H-4 COS would be approved within 2 to 4.5 months. And then you H-4 EAD would be handled. Should be a max of 5 months based on the above dates.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived