Green card processing - Timelines

ashhokbl

Hello,

I am sure that the answer to this question is tricky and may include more explanations, however I will still try it . Note that I work for a reputed MNC and recently applied the GC . Right now, its still with the Outside Legal [ After several months of Internal chasing etc ] . I am yet to get any response from the Outside Legal on when will they submit my application yet. The approximate timelines is somewhere around December'2018. I am yet to get any indication whether its going to EB-1 or EB-2. Here are my questions,

1. My I94 will get expired during the month of January - 2020, Maximum Physical stay is August'2020 . I am on my final extension [ Came to the US on July'2014 ] .  Do you think that I have any possibilities to get the response within January - 2020 ? In terms of I-140 or anything... 

2. My Company suggested that they can still go with this process If I am unable to get the required documents/approval post Jan'2020, Am I eligible/legal to stay post Jan'2020 ? My I-94 will get expired, but MPS is August'2020

I have close to 11 months of managerial experience in India before moving to the US. Here, I am leading multiple initiatives/projects. Do you think that I can be picked up for EB-1 ?

Regards,

Ashoka

Archived