All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jay.0823

H1B approved with consular process..Need urgent help

Hello, I need urgent help of my approved H1B. My H1B has been approved with consular process and I am in USA right now on F-1 status. My questions are:-

1) Can I make a formal request to USCIS, to change my status from F-1 to H1-B without leaving the country (though it was approved as consular process) as I am here. If yes how it can be done, will you able to make it successful scenario for win win situation. 

2) If not , what is the possibility of getting the VISA stamping approval in my home country, what can be the consequences and what can be done if that situation arise. I really appreciate your precious advice and suggestion in this particular case.

3) If they reject the stamping in my home country, can I able to get into USA on my previous F-1 Visa. 

4) If nothing works out, what can be my last option to get into USA, as a legal non immigrant.

I NEED TO ACT ASAP AS I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME SO PLEASE GUIDE AND HELP ME OUT.

Thank you so much in advance.

Need more information:

Did the employer file it as COS? If so, why was the COS not approved? Are you out of status on the F1, e.g., because of CPT?

Edited by JoeF

what are you worried about? If the H1b job is legit and you have the right degree, approval is mostly a formality..remember, 214 (immigrant intent) does not apply to H1b visas...now, if the job is shady compared to your actual degree, that will be a problem. For example, if you have a degree in Business Admin but are seeking to work as a computer programmer, that might not work. What is the H1B job and what degree do you have?