Affidavit for Birth Certificate Questions

Hello,

I have received request for further evidence pertaining to my birth certificate.

Initially I sent copy of my School Leaving Certificate, Domicile certificate, in place of my birth certificate.  As response to this RFE, I acquired my birth certificate.  I got birth certificate, but my name is not mentioned on it.  So my mother (as father is deceased)   made Affidavit for Birth Certificate.

My questions are-

1. I have two documents- one is Affidavit for Birth Certificate signed by "Executive Magistrate" of the county where I was born.  Another is Affidavit for Birth Certificate, signed by Advocate (similar to Notary).  Both have same content. So shall I send one signed by Magistrate or by Advocate or both?

2. While sending reply to this RFE, should I send original copy of the affidavit or send the photocopy.  I can show original when I go for interview.  This way I do not have to worry about mailing the original and might be lost.

If I send photocopy, then they might send another RFE, asking for original Affidavit, and sending them afterwards might delay processing, which I cannot afford.

Pleas do let me know your input soon.

Thank you.

Sam.

Hi Pontevecchio,

I am currently in the US on student (OPT) visa.  I got married to US Citizen, last year.

Hence I have filed for my green card.  In response, I got RFE ( Request for Further Evidence) with respect to my birth certificate. 

Initially I submitted, School Leaving Certificate, in place of birth certificate.  When this RFE came, I got my birth certificate, only to reveal that it does not have my name on it. So I need to submit Affidavit for Birth Certificate.

In this context I need affidavit.  My question shall I send original copy of affidavit as said in RFE notice or send photocopy.

Let me know.

Thank you.

Sam.

Archived