I94 at time of departure

Rajarajesh

1. Not enough details supplied here. Why do you want people to assume about your case details and still be able to give you pointers ?

2. Now I am assuming you didn't leave US for a long time and you still have the old paper based i94 given to you. Then later your h1b petitions got approved with the same i94 number attached on i797s. If I am correct, then you do not do anything. Departure is recorded electronically by airline officials based on passport data. CBP only does a physical check at port of entry and not at departure. Hence no need to give anything to anyone while departing from US. If you still are inclined , then  just before boarding the plane, hand over the latest i94 provided by uscis  at the bottom of i797 to the airline official .  They will probably wouldn't know what to do with it and throw it in the trash. 

Does it makes sense ?

23 hours ago, xTDx said:

1. Not enough details supplied here. Why do you want people to assume about your case details and still be able to give you pointers ?

2. Now I am assuming you didn't leave US for a long time and you still have the old paper based i94 given to you. Then later your h1b petitions got approved with the same i94 number attached on i797s. If I am correct, then you do not do anything. Departure is recorded electronically by airline officials based on passport data. CBP only does a physical check at port of entry and not at departure. Hence no need to give anything to anyone while departing from US. If you still are inclined , then  just before boarding the plane, hand over the latest i94 provided by uscis  at the bottom of i797 to the airline official .  They will probably wouldn't know what to do with it and throw it in the trash. 

Does it makes sense ?

Yes its been long time so just checking before I do anything wrong.

Thanks.

Archived