H1b Stamping of Visa, close to next cycle of visa extension

A23202

Hi - thanks in advance for your help.

• My First company "X" issued my First H1b in October 2015, which was valid till October 2018 and stamped in my passport such.
  • I moved firm to "Y" in Nov 2016, when my Visa (797) was issued till October 2019, but old stamp from X 'was going'.
  • My employer "Y" is supposed to file for my extension in April-June 2019.

Questions:

1. I plan to go to India (depending on stamping dates) or Canada to get my new company "Y" visa stamped in November/December of this year. This will stamp my visa valid only till October 2019, just 9/10 more months. Would that be an issue given that duration is short? can this is be a possible reason of rejection of my petition?
  2. If i try and travel in Feb/March of 2019, BEFORE my new H1b extension, would that be too risky?
  3. I keep hearing cases where even stamping (leave aside new H1B LCA Approvals or Transfers) are taking forever. Is that true for home countries, or has the same thing happening in Canada or Mexico as well? does the length of approval of stamping depend on roles in IT consulting jobs (client-employer type projects) or non-IT, example marketing/finance as well (direct for employer)
  4. (sorry, this is a really dumb 'terminology' question): i am trying to fill out a form and it asks me where was your first H1b "visa issued". In my case, i studied masters in the US, my firm "X" applied for my LCA petition, got approved, and then i did my visa stamping in Canada. In this case "visa issuance" place means the same as "stamping" place? which in my case would be Canada
    1. In my head i believe once a person's H1b LCA petition is approved, that person has a valid "visa"? isn't this the case? or a person only has a valid "visa" once it is stamped in the passport.

Thanks for your patience and appreciate the support.

Archived