H4 Visa Principal Applicant Visa class

nani22b

Hello,

My spouse went to India on 10/01/2018. She was in US for 2 years on F2 visa. My H1B is approved the last week. I have my I797A Notice. Since I am on COS and do not have valid H1B visa stamp on my passport,

1. Can my spouse go for H4 stamping without me/without H1B stamping on my passport?
2. if Yes, while scheduling visa appointment, there is an option called "Principal Applicant Visa Class". Since I don't have valid H1B visa now and I am on COS in US, what should be the option that we have to select? is it H1B or F1

Thanks in advance.

On 10/23/2018 at 10:55 AM, nani22b said:

Hello,

My spouse went to India on 10/01/2018. She was in US for 2 years on F2 visa. My H1B is approved the last week. I have my I797A Notice. Since I am on COS and do not have valid H1B visa stamp on my passport,

1. Can my spouse go for H4 stamping without me/without H1B stamping on my passport?
2. if Yes, while scheduling visa appointment, there is an option called "Principal Applicant Visa Class". Since I don't have valid H1B visa now and I am on COS in US, what should be the option that we have to select? is it H1B or F1

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes, she can go. She just needs your I-797 copy.

2. It will be H-1B. Don't get confused with visa stamp. If your change of status is approved then you are good.

Archived