Automatic Visa Re-validation

mmnv1983

Hi,

My husband and I are planning to go to Canada for 1 week trip. We will be going by road to Toronto and back to US. My husband is on H1b visa and myself on H4. We have the approved I-797 until 2021 from his current employer. but dont have a visa stamp with the current employer.  His employer changed in 2016.  We have the expired visa stamp (expired in 2015) from the previous employer. We wanted to know if can we reenter the US with the expired visa stamp from previous employer and with the valid I-797 from the current employer? What all documents do we  need to carry as precaution? Also anyone recently or in the last few months used AVR, can they share their experience? Highly appreciate  your help. Thank you..

On 10/19/2018 at 8:59 PM, mmnv1983 said:

Hi,

My husband and I are planning to go to Canada for 1 week trip. We will be going by road to Toronto and back to US. My husband is on H1b visa and myself on H4. We have the approved I-797 until 2021 from his current employer. but dont have a visa stamp with the current employer.  His employer changed in 2016.  We have the expired visa stamp (expired in 2015) from the previous employer. We wanted to know if can we reenter the US with the expired visa stamp from previous employer and with the valid I-797 from the current employer? What all documents do we  need to carry as precaution? Also anyone recently or in the last few months used AVR, can they share their experience? Highly appreciate  your help. Thank you..

I am  planning to visit Mexico (Cancun) with AVR in December. May I know  your travel date?  If you travel earlier than me, please do leave your experience. I will do the same after I return so that it will be useful for other folks who are planning to use AVR. 

Thanks,

Prash

Archived